To initiate the ten-week program, students will pledge to be active for at least 60 minutes a day by signing their personal pledge form and class poster.
Students will complete 60 minutes of physical activity each day and track progress in their Energy Logs.
Teachers will submit weekly updates through the Teacher Portal on the program website.
Every 10% of the classroom that upholds their physical activity pledge each week will earn one entry into the Grand Prize draw.
Any physical activity will count towards the target goal – examples include:
- Phys. Ed. Class
- Recess activity
- Extracurricular physical activity
- Walking, jogging or biking to school
- Hockey practice, gymnastics class or ballet lessons
- Making snowmen, shoveling snow or walking the dog
Three Energize Challenges will highlight various facets of health and wellness and will offer each classroom the opportunity to work together to win unique Oilers prizing and earn bonus entries into the Grand Prize draw.
For each complete Energize Challenge submission, each classroom will receive ten bonus entries into the grand prize draw.
Challenge submissions should follow these parameters:
- Activity: Activity is the foundation of the program, include it in all challenges!
- Creativity: Find a creative way to get everyone involved and have fun!
- Inclusion: Include all students in the classroom, we’re all in this together!
- Let’s Go Oilers: Show support for the team and the Energize Oil Country program! Wear Oilers gear or Oilers colours, make signs, decorate the classroom, etc.!
Teachers will submit their classrooms submission through the Teacher Portal on the program website.
One classroom will win the grand prize of a trip to Rogers Place to see the Oilers in action.
Participating teachers will receive a weekly e-newsletter.
Newsletters will contain important updates on activity, Energize Challenges, featured communities, and other tips to live an active, Energized lifestyle.
Share your Energy and passion for physical activity with the #EnergizeOilCountry community! Teachers are encouraged to share photos and videos of their classroom getting Energized on social media this season and for a chance to win weekly Oilers prizes.
To participate, teachers will share their Energized photo or video on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter while tagging the Edmonton Oilers, Cenovus, and Jumpstart and using #EnergizeOilCountry.